Saturday 8 June 2013

Because I KNOW MY God, I'm Strong, Doing Exploits & Amazing Myself.


If you know a little bit about me, then you would have noticed that I like to plan ahead. I love dreaming and creating mental pictures of where I'll like to be in the future, what I'll like to do and goals I'll love to have achieved. With these dreams comes questions, worse case scenarios and 'what ifs'...What if this doesn't happen? What if that happens?

You see, in life things don't necessarily go the way we plan even after series of preparation and marathon prayers. For me, some of the things I dreaded most, my worst case scenarios actually happened. I never thought I would have been able to face or survive these challenges but here I am today basking in God's glory. In those very places where I was despised, He has made me beautiful and now I'm called sought out, desirable and not forsaken (Isaiah 62:12).

Sometimes God lets us go through certain things just so we can get to know Him better. In the words of Sarah Goebel, "God is revealed in the devastations and challenges of life. Without them, how would we know God? These events are a necessary part of life’s journey in order for us to know our God and do mighty exploits".

In Daniel 11:32b, the bible says "But the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits". Like you, I've had my fair share of ups and downs but because I know my God, I'm strong, doing exploits & amazing myself! How well do you know your God? Do you really have a relationship with Him? Selah!

Have a blessed day
With love,
LadyMay

5 comments:

  1. Haha, that cartoon is just on point. I could relate to this, planning things ahead sometimes doesn't work maybe it wasn't the right time or maybe God is working out greater opportunities for us
    This is so true as we walk with God, the more we know God the stronger we get in our Christian journey. This is just similar to the message at my church today, if we know God and place more confidence/hope in him...we won't be moved no matter what comes our way i.e we get stronger only in Christ.

    Nicely written hunnie, more inspiration and wisdom in Jesus name (Amen)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen.

      Tanks for taking time out to read Florence xx

      Delete
  2. Aniyi Tobi6/14/2013

    Great job May,you keep drawing strength from the word of God. God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanks Tobi
      Good to have you here, Yipeee!

      Delete
  3. Yes! This is true May. Its good to plan, but we should leave room for God' s interventions. He alone leads us along d best pathway for our lives.
    Nice one dear!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop your comments, I enjoy reading them :)