Thursday 28 February 2013

AFFLICTION by Gracefulthinking.


AFFLICTION:  a state of being in pain, grief, misery, or distress.

There have been moments when I have felt pain. My heart hurt. Uncontrollable tears fall from my eye, and an internal turmoil began.

I would battle with myself for being weak. For allowing, the pressures of my circumstance weigh me down. I would tell myself that I was stronger than this. Vulnerability, equated weakness, and I could not, would not allow the world giggle at my imperfection.

But the truth is. I wasn’t. I wasn’t even strong enough to hold back tears.

Like many of us, I used to wallow in my grief, misery and distress. I would allow the enemy make a fool of me. I would act, react, overreact, and underreact to my current state, from a heart that was consumed by disdain, unhappiness and sorrow. My mood would reflect my mood and I would be unable to shield that from my countenance.

What I was unconsciously doing here was giving too much power to that AFFLICTION.

BUT GOD…….(Halleluyah*********)

I have come to realise that as a child of the creator, external/internal factors that seek to make a mockery of the Joy, which is my strength, run the risk of being ‘taken out’ by the creator. God is in the business of ‘uprooting’.

I am daily learning to let God fight my battles for me because he already won the WAR. I have to admit, allowing a deity that is so much more beautiful, divine; awesome than my mind could ever comprehend to mitigate my misfortunes is difficult. However, as I previously mentioned, God is in the business of ‘uprooting’.

Again, like many of us, I can be adamant, headstrong, sometimes unyielding, and I would rather try and fail, fail and fail again before I ever ask anyone for help. Nevertheless, God is renewing my mind, and daily teaching me that I need to want to need him, otherwise he cannot deliver me. He bids me to come to him, because I am weary and he will give me rest. I have to obey that commandment and COME.

What are those afflictions, which continue to hurt your heart, ruin your mascara, birth more afflictions?

There is an overwhelming sense of freedom that comes with release. When you know that someone greater, bigger, stronger has got it, and you no longer have to hold it, rack your brain for a way to fix it, cry over it…

Release yourself from the shackles of affliction. Cease to grant them the power to control you…. Let God Deliver You.

Love and Light xx



P.S. Today's post was written by a sister friend of mine, Grace Nquot (You can check out her blog http://gracefulthinking.wordpress.com/). I could relate to every single sentence in the post because I've been there before, I know exactly how it feels to be suffering deep within when everybody thinks you are okay based on what they see but God saw me through it all.

 I don't know what kind of pain, distress, misery or trial you are currently going through LThe good news I know is that God is able and willing to see you through it all only if you will just cast all your cares upon him. Remember the bible says in Psalms 34:19 "Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him out of them all.”  God will surely deliver you so keep trusting! Hold on and be strong JJJ All will be well JJJ

Need something else to cheer you up? Check out this video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrr2aqlCPz8

Have a fabulous weekend
With Love,
LadyMayxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop your comments, I enjoy reading them :)