Wednesday 6 March 2013

WHERE AM I HEADING? HEAVEN OR HELL?


For some weird reason, since Goldie Harvey (A Nigerian Artist) passed away on Valentine's day, I have spent more time reflecting about life and life after death. I think her death made me realise how sudden death could be (it's not like I didn't know that before but the sudden death of a musician I knew nothing about really shook me). The truth is that I'm not afraid to die but what got me thinking was life after death. “If I died now, would I really wake up in heaven? Am I blameless before God or have I given the devil room to distract me?”  While I was reflecting one night, the Holy spirit really ministered to me, I was so blessed and I know it is worth sharing so here you go J


My Midnight Reflection: WOULD I MAKE HEAVEN?

The bible says in John 10:10 that the ministry of the devil is to steal, to kill and to destroy. One of my favourite pastors, Elder G. Craig Lewis further broke the verse down by explaining that the devil does these by stealing one's innocence, killing one's conscience and then destroying one's future.

The devil has little or no business trying to destroy a sinner because he/she is headed for hell anyway. We Christians are the devil's target! That cunning guy is constantly on the move strategising, skimming and plotting ways to devour us. He'll toy with our emotions, try to use our weaknesses to get us, he could try to get us through a friend, family member, boss or even a pastor. He could steal our innocence and kill our conscience by making us feel those 'little' sins and besetting sins do not really matter, and also give us good excuses to justify our unrighteous acts! Less I forget, sometimes he makes us so busy with 'church' activities and then we get too tired to spend quality time with God.

Too many of us are busy doing things in the house of God but are asleep spiritually! Wake up and smell the coffee Christians We are in those last days the bible talks about and Christ could return any moment from now. The devil isn't sleeping; he is doing everything in his power to make sure Christians leave the straight and narrow way. That's why the bible told us in 1Peter 5:8 to "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour"

This week, take time out to reflect! Are you really where God wants you to be spiritually? If the rapture happened now, would you make it? God forbid but if you die the next minute would you wake up in heaven or hell?

"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves." - 2 Corinthians 13:5a

Enjoy the rest of the week
With love,
LadyMay

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/06/2013

    Well said Mayowa. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/06/2013

    True talk, especially about getting too busy with church activities and forgetting to worship God...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your write up. God has been talking to me about the same thing too. Even those that think they're "holy" or " good" should further examine themselves. may we all make it to heaven in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faith Okeke3/07/2013

    Well siad. Tnx n God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4/04/2013

    Hiya, your TundeSewa blog brought me here and I thought I should have a read as well. This piece on Heaven or Hell has been my thought this week. Just as you rightly said we should be sober and vigilant(proctive). May God grant us the grace to be doers of His will.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop your comments, I enjoy reading them :)