During RCCG's 2013 convention in August, Pastor EA Adeboye shared 7 things that can make a 'christian' become an enemy of God. This particular message really struck me and opened my eyes to see the things I was doing wrong...I just really thank God for His mercies because without it, I wonder where I'll be.
1) You can become an enemy of God by lying to Him. You insult the intelligence of the all knowing God by telling him a lie. In Acts 5:1-11, Ananias and Sapphira died the same day just because they lied in the presence of God.
2) Failure to pay your vows can make you an enemy of God . Ecclesiastes 5:4 says” When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools” and remember Psalm 14:1 says “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God”. In other words, when you make a vow to God but refuse to redeem it, you are indirectly saying God doesn’t exist... and when you say to God that He doesn’t exist, He tries to show you that He does exist
3) You can become an enemy of God by not obeying Him completely. If you are not going to obey God completely, don’t bother obeying Him at all because God hates incomplete obedience
4) Lukewarmness can make you an enemy of God. Revelation 3:15-16 “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth”. This is the one many of us are guilty of! Many atimes we have to be begged to do certain things for God. God doesn’t like lukewarmness at all, he would rather you were either very hot or so cold. If you are going to be a Christian, be a Christian but if you cannot be a Christian,GO! Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well! If you want to serve God, serve Him but if you don’t want to, stop pretending! it makes God feel insulted.
5) God gets pretty upset when you doubt him. Hebrews 11:6 says without faith it is impossible to please God. Bible also says whatever is not of faith is sin. Doubting God’s promises makes Him feel insulted. If His words says it, that settles it! Many of us have lost our miracles half way because of doubt
6) When you sin, you make yourself an enemy of God. Psalm 7:11 says God is angry with the wicked every day. That is quite frightening but yet many Christians continue in sin and expect grace to abound! You can not be a born-again Christian and still live the way you like.
7) God gets upset when He warns you but you keep ignoring his corrections. Proverbs 29:1 says “He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.”. Many Christians have cheapened grace…we tend to say “God is a gracious God” but we need to remember that it was in this same dispensation of grace He killed Ananias and Sapphira for telling a lie. Don’t let anybody deceive you, God is the same yesterday, today& forever and according to Psalms 68:1-3, it's a terrible thing to be an enemy of God.Search yourself to make sure you are not part of His enemies and if you are, make your ways right with him today.
Do enjoy the rest of your week and stay blessed,