Saturday 7 December 2013

THE GIRL IN THE MIRROR




A while ago I found myself staring blankly in front of the mirror in my room...I must have been really lost in thoughts but then I snapped out and got inspired to write a poem titled 'The girl in the mirror' which I will be sharing with you guys today.

I hope it blesses you. Enjoy reading and be inspired :)






THE GIRL IN THE MIRROR

She stares blank at me
Looking pale, weak and helpless
Her eyes filled with questions
I can see right through her
There are many questions in there
Why am I here?
Who am I?
Am I living or simply existing?
What really is my purpose?
There has to be more to me...
She wants to know
She's that girl in the mirror
Demanding answers from me
I stare back at her
Pondering and wondering
Not sure of what to say
And then the words came
Mirror girl, mirror girl
Be of good cheer
Wipe your tears
And wear a smile
You were created for a reason
Born to worship
To show forth the praises of He who called you
You are here for a purpose
To be fruitful
To multiply
You were bought with a price
And made a priceless princess
You might feel you're just existing
But in Christ you have abundant life
God has made available to you
All that pertains to good life and godliness
There is more to your life
You're the radiant reflection of your maker
You were not born to be ordinary!
Mirror girl, mirror girl
Though seemingly fragile,
She's tougher than she looks
You can do this!
It is not time to give up
The whole world earnestly awaits you
Don't let your present situation hold you down
Don't let them look down on you
Don't let you stop you from being you
Arise oh daughter of Zion
You can make it if you try harder!
You are a woman on a mission
Don't give up trying
Go out there and try something new
Don't stop dreaming
Don't stop daring
Keep on believing
Mirror girl, you cannot shatter
Because beneath you are His everlasting arms.











3 comments:

  1. Faith Okeke12/07/2013

    Thanks a lot darling. Am more than blessed with this writeup. God bless u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goo booby May....Bless.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop your comments, I enjoy reading them :)