Tuesday 3 December 2013

Can 2013 BE OVER already?

Can 2013 be over already? It's been one long challenging year and I really can't wait to scream 'Happy New Year' on the 1st of January 2014.  The year started really rough for me because towards the end of 2012, I went through some interesting "dramas" that actually led me to starting this blog.  I was confused about so many things and gradually getting myself depressed but one day I made up my mind to stay strong no matter what! I decided to (1) keep encouraging myself in the Lord (2) keep trusting God to do what's best in my life whenever and however He pleases (3) Start using my stories to encourage others


I must confess those were some of the toughest decisions I've ever made in life! You see, some years ago I had an idea of where I thought God was taking me to, I also had my dreams and aspirations but things just didn't  go as expected!  There were times I found it extremely difficult encouraging myself in the Lord talkless of encouraging others... I had no motivation whatsoever to chat, write or share blog posts.


The year is fast coming to an end and to be honest, even though things are not totally perfect yet, I see God at work in my life! Talk about 11th hour miracles! I look back at those times when I was panicking, crying, moaning, complaining and "keeping malice" with God and oh my days... (*covers face*)...I just feel like giving myself some good strokes of cane for stressing out so much and not trusting God well enough.  (If getting worried was part of the last Olympics I would have won a gold medal for it... I was that troubled).


Although my life hasn't gone the way I planned it  5yrs ago, I see God using every experience I had gone through over the years for His glory...He had a bigger and better plan in mind all this while. 


Over the years I made silly mistakes but I learnt good lessons from them (the hard way though because I got some good chastisement from the Holy spirit) . I'm not perfect yet but I'm not that sinner I used to be! I'm better, wiser, purer and stronger. I have had not so good experiences but I know all things are working together for my good because I trust God to make all things beautiful in his time.


Do you feel as though your life is at a standstill? Has 2013 gone a lot worse than you expected? Does it look like most of your plans and 'new year resolutions' for 2013 failed? Please don't be too hard on yourself, God can still do something unique in your life before the year runs out! The bible says nothing is too difficult for Him... It's never too late for God to bless you, He's always on time!

Also there's still room for improvement! You can spend the last days of the year planning, preparing and praying so that you can have a better 2014. Find out the things you did wrong this year, learn from your mistakes and make the necessary adjustments. In addition to these, find out exactly what God's plan for your life is and trust God to do things His own way, at His time. 


To drive the message home properly, I'll leave you with the pictures below to ponder on. Hopefully they'll minister to you. Remain blessed and try to enjoy the last few days in 2013! 




LadyMay


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/05/2013

    We are all on a journey towards perfection as commanded by God. We plan, He disposes, but we don't give up cos His plans for us are perfect. Thanks for your spirit lifting words. Happy holidays in advance.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop your comments, I enjoy reading them :)